POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Elevated Text-sign : Elevated Text-sign Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:45:42 EDT (-0400)
  Elevated Text-sign
From: John Beton
Date: 20 Aug 2002 05:50:04
Message: <web.3d621023b3fbf00c2d3108e90@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I just started using Pov-Ray, and I'm wondering if it is possible (I suppose
it is) to create a sort of chekered floor (or a floor with an other very
nice and colorfull texture), with a text-sign coming out of it (elevated
from the floor) with the same texture, so that it seems that the floor and
the text-sign are just 1 object. (I hope this is clear to someone at least
?? :-) )
What I want to make is a sort of CD-cover like with objects and text
elevated out of the floor, but they have to be made out of the same
material.
Can someone tell me how I can do this with Pov-Ray or tell me where I can
find some example-pov-files wich can be usefull to help me create such an
image. Or do I have to use an other program to make this kind of images???

Greetz,

JB